Counter Warehouse Associate
Best Tile is looking to add a well-rounded and experienced individual who will help customers at our contractor counter and perform the duties of a warehouse associate. This is an ideal position for a smart, motivated, enthusiastic individual who possesses strong computer skills, is resourceful in satisfying customer needs, and who possesses a "let's get it done" attitude. You'll rely on your skills and experience, while learning new skills that take Best Tile and your career forward.
• On any given day, you'll field various requests and inquiries from customers, vendors, and other team members;
• Work with customers to help drive and maintain contractor sales;
• Perform the work of a warehouse associate;
• Monitor stock and inventory; and
• Help maintain the cleanliness and layout of the branch.
• Bilingual in English/Spanish strongly desired;
• Must be at least 21 years old with a High School diploma, GED, or equivalent;
• Proven sales track record with exposure to the tile and stone industry or new home construction, is strongly preferred;
• 1-2 years' material handling experience, focusing on customer service and contractor sales;
• Strong time management skills, ability to self-motivate, excellent organizational skills;
• Solid computer and systems skills;
• Highly collaborative and team oriented; ability to be flexible in response to changing priorities and needs;
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, which may include events and weekends;
• Forklift certification is required, although we will train and certify the right person with the proven experience;
• Possess a current and valid driver's license;
• Demonstrate strong basic math skills;
• Ability to lift, push, pull, & move (without assistance) heavy and bulky merchandise that weighs up to 50 pounds is required;
• Ability to pass a post-offer employment screening, which includes drug/alcohol testing, physical capacity testing, and a background check.
As a full-time Best Tile employee, you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage, including medical, prescription drug, and dental insurance; an equitable compensation program; a 401(k) retirement investment plan; a challenging and rewarding professional work environment; and paid time off (including paid holidays).