Commercial Driver (DOT)
Best Tile is looking for an energetic, customer service oriented individual to fill an opening for Commercial Truck Driver.
Essential functions include but are not limited to:
• Plan route to ensure most economical use of time and equipment
• Obtain materials and product from warehouse or yard, haul to, drop and spot, & load at destination
• Back trailers in and out of receiving docks or service bays. Maneuver trailers in and around tight corners, through parking areas, on high-speed highways, and around high pedestrian traffic
• Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment before and after trips. Report any defects, repairs, and discrepancies indicating truck condition to their supervisor
• Perform all duties in conformance to appropriate safety and security standards, as well as state and federal Department of Transportation rules and regulations
• Assist company Warehouse Associates as needed to complete these essential functions
• Because of the Company’s coverage, operational, and customer needs (which may vary by location and/or department), regular and punctual employee presence is required. Attendance and dependability are essential functions of this position.
The ideal candidate is one with direct commercial driving and warehouse experience, and who is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
• Physically able to perform all driving and warehouse duties
• At least 21 years old with a current, valid commercial motor vehicle operator’s license from only one state
• Know how to safely load & properly block, brace, & secure cargo
• Must qualify under state and federal Department of Transportation rules and regulations
• Medical, dental, life, & disability insurance (with opportunity to purchase additional)
• Health Savings and 401(k) accounts with company match
• Paid time off, including paid holidays
• Leave of absence program