Best Tile is looking for an energetic, customer service oriented individual to fill an opening for a combined position of Driver (non-CDL)/Warehouse Associate. The candidate will be responsible for the materials handling & safe storage, shipping/receiving and delivery processes in the branch.
Essential functions include:
1. Accurate selection of product from the warehouse, according to written instructions, and delivery to customer or branch.
2. Performance of routine inspection and preventative maintenance before and after trips.
3. Loading & unloading bulky and heavy merchandise; operation of a powered industrial truck (forklift).
4. Opening of crates & containers to identify & receive product.
5. Placing and relocating product as required & according to a predetermined sequence.
6. Assisting in physical inventories & cycle counting, maintaining a clean and orderly warehouse.
7. Maintenance of a safe working environment by complying with safety standards & regulations.
Duties are performed manually or by operating a light truck, vehicle, or powered industrial truck. Attendance and dependability are also essential functions.
The ideal candidate is one with direct warehouse and driving experience, and who is dedicated to providing exceptional customer service in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Requirements & qualifications include:
1. High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience.
2. At least 21 years old with current & valid driver's license and clean driving record.
3. 1-2 year's delivery & driving and warehouse experience required.
4. Proven history of success application of material handling & safety procedures - to improve overall operations while ensuring safety of customers and employees.
5. Forklift certification is preferred. We will train & qualify the right person.
6. Ability to use math skills to efficiently perform tasks.
7. Collaboration with others, helping others work cooperatively to accomplish objectives.
8. Ability to pass a post-offer employment screening, which includes motor vehicle record check, drug/alcohol testing, physical capacity testing, and background checking.