We are looking to hire a multi-faceted versatile entry-level credit/collections clerk to fill a support role within our Company. This individual will take on responsibilities related to credit and collections functions in support of the Best Tile branch operations.
This creative problem-solver will be tasked with processing credit applications, advising customers on available lines of credit and payment methods; gathering and analyzing credit and financial data, maintaining payment and collection records and providing administrative and operations support to our operations leadership team(s) as needed.
The successful candidate will leverage their organization, communication and time management skills in handling multiple assignments in a fast-paced environment. We will look for this individual to proactively reach out to internal business partners to find solutions and anticipate needs, while maintaining a level of professionalism and confidentiality.
Credit/Collections Clerk Duties & Responsibilities:
• Process daily financial transactions and entering all verifications, classifications, and all account receivables data into in-house system
• Troubleshoot any discrepancies with client accounts
• Collections work via email and phone for past-due invoices
• General clerical support including, but not limited to: filing, office supply ordering and maintenance, working with branches, answering phones, customer service
• Facilitate all financial customer services issues, such as sending reminders, detailing delivery and service items, and answering questions for invoicing
• Reconcile all weekly reporting portals, keeping compliance with internal policies and procedures
Credit/Collections Clerk Knowledge & Critical Skills:
• 1-3 years relevant experience in a credit and/or collections function; HS diploma/GED required
• Proficiency in Google Docs or MS Office suite and enterprise accounting systems
• Meticulous attention to detail with high level of accuracy; self-starter that is resourceful; ability to build relationships and inspire trust
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; time management skills and the ability to prioritize while multitasking
The ability to pass a pre-employment screening process that includes drug and criminal background check as well as a pre-employment physical is required.