Counter Sales Representative
Best Tile is one of the premier, family-run tile and stone distributors in New England.
We are looking for Counter Sales Associate with proven sales, customer service and material handling experience, preferably in the tile or construction industry, to join our team.
In this role, you will play an active role in driving contractor sales, perform a variety of material handling duties and fulfill customer orders.
The ideal candidate is a motivated sales professional with a creative solutions-based approach, and a deep understanding of the residential and commercial construction industries. The candidate will provide complete and appropriate solutions for every customer in order to drive sales and customer satisfaction.
• With direction from branch management, help drive and maintain contractor sales
• Respond to or relay customer phone calls to the Contractor Sales Desk and service walk-in customers
• Build proficiency in tile installation techniques, tile and stone product knowledge and proper applications of tile and stone
• Conduct research into customer inquiries, referring to product guides and seeking guidance from other departments
• Fill customer orders by accurately picking items
• Manually or by operating material handling equipment, load and unload bulky and heavy merchandise
• Accurately receive product and place it in the correct storage locations.
• Assist with physical inventories and cycle counting
• Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe work environment
• At least 21 years old with a High School diploma, GED or equivalent
• 1-2 years material handling experience, focusing on customer service and contractor sales
• Forklift certification is strongly preferred; will train and certify the ideal candidate
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule which may include evenings and weekends
• Possession of a current and valid driver’s license
• Strong basic math skills
• Ability to pass a post-offer employment screening, which includes drug/alcohol testing, physical capacity testing and a background check.
As a full-time Best Tile employee you will enjoy comprehensive healthcare coverage including medical, prescription drug, and dental insurance; an equitable compensation program; a 401(k) retirement investment plan; a challenging & rewarding professional work environment; and paid time off (including paid holidays).